With Thanksgiving less than two weeks away and holiday dinner parties beginning it is either time to pull out the china or purchase your first set. Getting ready for the holidays is stressful and if you are planning to host a holiday dinner there can be pressure about place settings and how to decorate. I have rounded up a few of my favorite pieces for all styles and budgets.
Go big and grand or go home! With the beautiful varied patterns reminiscent of lace this china, beautiful cut crystal glasses, and Grande Baroque flatware with 24K gilded gold accents will be sure wow any guest. But don’t forget the other finishing touches such as candles and flowers that pull deep rich colors of the season to help set the tone for your dinner.
1. Florals | 2. Waterford Lismore Lace | 3. Waterford Presage Glasses |4. Wallace Silversmiths Grande Baroque
Taking traditional items and making them modern can be fun and bold like this place setting with geometric patterns and touches of gold. Why stop there with the gold accents? Try wine glasses with a fine gold band, it’s a simple and classic detail, and gold flatware that’s modern giving a nod to the traditional ornate detailed flatware most of us are used to seeing. Finally try adding gold touches to pumpkins to create a unique centerpiece.
1. B by Brandie Grande Connelley & Duke Dinnerware | 2. Lenox Stemware Timeless Gold Signature Collection | 3. Vera Wang Wedgewood Polished Gold Place Setting |
4. Giggles Galore | 5. My Domaine
Keeping it clean and simple is what it is all about here. I love the idea of adding texture to the place settings to add some interest with the soft angles of the wine glasses. When it comes to décor not only would candles running the length of the table be dramatic but it also keeps it simple all while adding some warmth and soft lighting.
1. Lenox Donna Karan Devore | 2. Vera Wang Wedgwood Flatware | 3. Crate & Barrel Tour Wine Glasses | 4. Apartment Therapy Lovely & Living Thanksgiving Tablescapes
For the budget conscience or anyone starting out who is not able to invest in formal china there are still options for creating a beautiful and stylish table setting. Think about investing in white everyday place settings not only are they functional they can be dressed up for a more formal dinner with mirror chargers adding a touch of glitz. If you don’t already have a full set of wine glasses these are a great option, they have a classic look at a fraction of the cost. When working on your centerpieces get creative and have fun try looking to the outdoors for some free finds. Finally do small groupings of flowers, flowers can get expensive, so think about breaking an arrangement up to make several small unique arrangements.
1. Ikea Hederlig Wine Glasses| 2. West Elm Mirror Chargers | 3. Ikea Fargrik Dinnerware Set | 4. Ikea Sedlig Flatware Set | 5. Intimate Weddings Autumn Wedding Centerpiece | 6. Social Manor Holiday Tables Golden Harvest | 7. B Lovely Events Branching out into Thanksgiving Centerpieces | 8. Intimate Weddings Autumn Wedding Ideas Pumpkin Decor
For anyone with a love of the outdoors and rustic charm this is for you. In this case I am using the same place setting seen in the budget friendly option (this can also be done with the traditional or modern settings) in this case it’s all in the décor and styling. Start your foundation off with a plaid tablecloth or blanket this will not only bring the fall colors in it will add some softness. Next try a garland of magnolia leaves with touches of gold rather than using flowers and finally use wood slices act as your chargers.
1. Ikea Hederlig Wine Glasses|2. Ikea Fargrik Dinnerware Set |3. Ikea Sedlig Flatware Set| 4. Indeed Décor Get the Look a Rustic Thanksgiving| 5. The White Buffalo Styling Co Grateful Harvest | 6. Elle Décor Holiday Decorating Tips from Bronson Van Wyck
Regardless of personal style or budget any of these place settings and tablescapes are sure to create a beautiful setting for a great dinner party with friends and loved ones.