It’s back to school and there’s nothing more exciting than a new start in a new school year, especially when you’re starting college! One of the cool things you get to do is design your own dorm room/space. Dorm rooms are a representation of you and your personality but because they can be small spaces it can be a little hard to make it your own. Here are some tips on how to make your room stylish, comfortable and well utilized.
- When selecting bedding, choose something that’s comfortable and add lots of pillows. Try using different patterns and colors. Pillows can be used not only for coziness but company can use them to sit on.
- Because space is limited, use a rolling cart that you can move around or a mesh drawer unit that you can easily view your items.
- Words of encouragement can be ideal when you’re going through your college years. Printed and framed quotes can be encouraging and decorative. You can't have enough of these!
- Lastly, find a simple yet cool rug. It adds depth and warmth to any room.
1| 2 |3 |4 |5 |6 |7 |8 |9 |10
- Since space is restricted, use the wall above your desk to store books, stock supplies and make notes. Don’t forget to personalize it!
- Use wire desk accessories to easily view what you have on your desk.
- Add some “wow” pieces like painted mason jars (with silk flowers) or cool book ends, that won’t break the bank.
- Let’s not forget lighting for that late night study sesh. A cool desk lamp, even one with a wireless charging station can be very useful in your dorm room.
- If you don’t want to do shelves or a cool pin board above your desk, try some cool wire wall grids that are easy to use and remove.
1| 2 |3 |4 |5 |6 |7 |8
Good luck this school year!! Go get ‘em!